The Tier List
God Tier [Highest Influence]:
Mid-Lane Gods: Lux, Ahri, Talon, Zed
Jungle Gods: Udyr, Shyvana, Master Yi, Xin Zhao
Marksman Gods: Sivir, Graves, Kog’Maw, Corki
Top Lane Gods: Nautilus, Malphite, Quinn, Trundle, Pantheon
Support Gods: Janna, Blitzcrank, Nautilus
Tier 1 [Strong/Preferred Choices]:
Mid-Lane: Anivia, Twisted Fate, Malzahar, Morgana, Annie, Vel’Koz, Corki, Kayle, Diana, Zyra, Brand, Lulu, Fizz, Gangplank
Jungle: Amumu, Rammus, Diana, Fiddlesticks, Elise, Volibear, Sejuani, Skarner, Wukong, Poppy, Warwick, Quinn, Zac, Gragas, Nidalee, Jax, Graves, Nocturne
Marksman: Kalista, Ashe, Ezreal, Quinn, Jinx, Jhin, Twitch, Miss Fortune, Lucian
Top Lane: Wukong, Kayle, Shen, Sion, Nasus, Fiora, Graves, Dr. Mundo, Renekton, Garen, Jarvan IV, Cho’gath, Darius, Poppy, Rammus, Swain, Volibear, Zac, Akali
Support: Soraka, Sona, Nami, Alistar, Taric, Leona, Trundle, Brand, Braum
Tier 2 [Viable/Balanced Choices]:
Mid-Lane: Cho’Gath, Quinn, Yasuo, Wukong, Galio, Katarina, Karthus, Ziggs, Vladimir, Orianna, Xerath, Heimerdinger, Lissandra, Viktor, Kennen, Leblanc, Kassadin, Swain, Karma, Zilean, Jayce, Pantheon, Syndra, Azir, Cassiopeia
Jungle: Ekko, Trundle, Vi, Dr. Mundo, Tahm Kench, Shaco, Hecarim, Kindred, Rek’Sai, Lee Sin, Maokai, Kayle, Malphite, Sion, Fizz, Aatrox, Nunu, Nautilus, Jarvan IV, Tryndamere, Pantheon, Evelynn, Kha’Zix, Cho’Gath, Irelia
Marksman: Vayne, Tristana, Draven, Caitlyn, Kindred, Varus
Top Lane: Gangplank, Tryndamere, Irelia, Yasuo, Teemo, Riven, Kennen, Gnar, Singed, Illaoi, Lissandra, Jax, Vladimir, Tahm Kench, Diana, Hecarim, Aatrox, Olaf, Lulu, Rek’Sai, Xin Zhao, Morgana, Maokai, Yorick, Heimerdinger, Karma, Malzahar, Jayce, Rengar, Nidalee, Galio, Fizz, Warwick, Udyr, Lee Sin, Viktor, Vi
Support: Thresh, Poppy, Vel’Koz, Zilean, Lulu, Morgana, Zyra, Lux, Shen, Bard, Annie, Sion, Karma
Tier 3 [Needs Higher Skill/Knowledge Than Usual]:
Mid-Lane: Ezreal (AP), Veigar, Ekko, Nidalee, Akali, Kog’Maw (AP), Varus, Teemo, Ryze, Master Yi, Gragas, Jarvan IV, Ezreal (AD), Urgot, Sona, Jhin, Mordekaiser, Tahm Kench, Riven, Fiddlesticks, Kha’Zix, Malphite,Evelynn, Leona, Elise, Tristana (AP)
Jungle: Rengar, Olaf, Nasus, Gangplank, Fiora, Zed, Malzahar, Karthus, Leona, Riven, Darius, Shen, Yorick, Garen, Alistar
Marksman: Kennen, Mordekaiser, Urgot, Twisted Fate, Thresh
Top Lane: Rumble, Ekko, Zed, Cassiopeia, Ryze, Gragas, Mordekaiser, Master Yi, Kha’Zix, Talon, Karthus, Shyvana, Urgot, Kassadin, Azir, Alistar, Leblanc, Vayne, Nunu, Elise, Braum, Taric
Support: Tahm Kench, Volibear, Malphite, Veigar, Xerath, Gragas, Maokai, Kayle, Kennen, Fiddlesticks, Nunu, Nidalee, Pantheon, Ashe, Anivia, Elise, Teemo, Lee Sin, Gangplank
Tier 4 [Low Benefits for Effort Used]:
Mid-Lane: Soraka, Janna
Top Lane: Soraka
Support: Orianna, Galio, Syndra, Yorick, Lissandra, Leblanc
Instructions and Caveats:
- Champions in BOLD I will talk about shortly
- Champions UNDERLINED may be over/undervalued, but aren’t/haven’t played enough for me to make a better judgement.
- Within each tier the champions are strongest from left to right, but within a tier each champion’s strength isrelatively close. This is especially true for Tiers 2 and 3 where these champions are ALL highly playable and player dependent on how strong they are in-game.
- This tier list takes data from ALL players; however, since the majority of players fall in the first three tiers, the majority of data points will come from there.
- Win Rates are important in analyzing each champion’s strength, but are not the end-all criteria for any champion’s position.
- The creator of this list is diamond, so there may be some personal bias towards higher tier play on certain champions.
- Ashe [Tier 1 Marksman] – The latest buffs to Ashe effectively boosted her active duration on her steroid by 25%, and decreased her stack decay rate to a point where it’s much easier to maintain. As a result, she’s become much stronger in sustained fights, which she excels at as a result of her “sticky” nature.
- Gragas [Tier 1 Jungle] – Despite nerfs to Runic Echoes’ movespeed, Gragas remains very strong if not stronger in comparison to other junglers. The burst damage still helps his kit out tremendously, and the reduced movespeed doesn’t hinder him much considering the vast amount of crowd-control at his disposal.
- Jhin [Tier 1 Marksman] – Jhin gets a bad rep. His reload mechanic isn’t quite as obvious as Graves’, and moving the majority of his damage to his fourth shot means that allied players will often see him shooting for almost no damage (75% of the time). This results in a lot of backlash when players pick him. However, he’s currently doing the third highest average damage per game, and is actually quite versatile with his traps.
- Kalista [Tier 1 Marksman] – As an amazing Lucian counter (she can dodge his piercing light), Kalista does quite well now that Lucian was nerfed yet still remains the most popular marksman on the rift. Her late game is also quite strong with the number of sustained tank champions on the rift, providing her a good front line.
- Lux [God Tier Mid] – After the slight Ahri nerf, Lux is moving on up in the world.
- Nautilus [God Tier Top] – The Iceborn Gauntlet tweak meant to nerf Ezreal also buffed Nautilus quite a bit as a top laner. His crowd-control has been improved, and for a champion that was already doing stellar top lane, it looks like I may have to find a new top lane to main considering his popularity at the moment.
- Rammus [Tier 1 Top] – At double the play-rate of last patch, it looks like Rammus has maintained his irregular win rate as a top laner. The majority of picks are again, still against AD based champions, but he can also hold his own against melee based AP laners like Rumble.
- Shen [Tier 1 Top] – After an initial shaky start, Shen players are performing much better with a focus on utilizing Spirit’s Refuge (W) properly. By allowing allies in the zone to dodge 100% of all basic attacks for 1.75 seconds, he can quickly change the outcome of a fight. Against champions like Kog’Maw or Master Yi, this can easily make or break a battle.
- Shyvana [God Tier Jungle] – Shyvana’s clear speed is absolutely absurd, and grants her some of the fastest sated times on devourer in the game. Additionally, as Udyr recently proved, split-pushing in the current meta is extremely effective as a game-winning strategy. That being said, Shyvana’s team fight ability is oodles better than Udyr’s simply because of the massive AOE damage and knock-back she provides.
- Sivir [God Tier Marksman] – Post-buffs, Sivir is easily the strongest marksman on the rift right now. As a champion that was always renown for her game-changing utility, she received a massive AOE damage boost to back it up this patch.
- Tahm Kench [Tier 2 Top] – The nerf on Tahm Kench’s Tongue Lash (Q) may not look like much, but a 22% reduction is nothing to scoff at. For a champion that was already starting to perform poorly in solo queue, this may have been the final straw to drop him out of the running as a top contender. It’s okay though, who likes getting eaten anyway?