God Tier [Pee Your Pants – BAN]:
Mid-Lane Gods: Veigar, Yasuo, Leblanc, Lux, Ahri
Jungle Gods: Kindred, Lee Sin, Elise, Tahm Kench
AD Gods: Vayne, Mordekaiser, Jinx
Top Lane Gods: Fiora, Darius, Garen
Support Gods: Tahm Kench, Thresh, Blitzcrank
Tier 1 [Expected Powerhouses]:
Mid-Lane: Zed, Viktor, Twisted Fate, Fizz, Orianna, Diana, Annie, Kassadin, Azir, Ekko, Brand, Malzahar, Anivia, Katarina, Talon
Jungle: Diana, Rengar, Vi, Ekko, Skarner, Master Yi, Xin Zhao, Amumu, Evelynn, Shyvana, Fizz, Rek’Sai, Shaco, Gragas, Kha’Zix, Jarvan IV
AD Carry: Tristana, Caitlyn, Kalista, Kindred, Lucian, Sivir, Ezreal
Top Lane: Riven, Renekton, Gangplank, Irelia, Tahm Kench, Malphite, Gnar, Vladimir, Shen, Olaf, Dr. Mundo, Nasus, Cho’gath, Ekko, Rengar, Jax,
Support: Braum, Morgana, Soraka, Leona, Janna, Annie, Alistar, Lulu,
Tier 2 [Crowd Favorites]:
Mid-Lane: Lulu (AP), Syndra, Morgana, Lissandra, Vladimir, Cho’Gath, Xerath, Swain, Ryze, Ziggs, Vel’Koz, Gangplank, Cassiopeia
Jungle: Nidalee, Wukong, Nocturne, Udyr, Pantheon, Warwick, Olaf, Jax, Malphite, Hecarim, Sejuani, Rammus, Dr. Mundo, Fiddlesticks,
AD Carry: Graves, Corki, Ashe, Draven, Miss Fortune, Twitch
Top Lane: Tryndamere, Wukong, Jarvan IV, Kennen, Maokai, Rumble, Pantheon, Singed, Diana, Hecarim, Jayce, Sion, Lissandra, Cassiopeia, Yasuo, Nidalee, Volibear, Trundle, Lulu, Aatrox, Gragas,
Support: Nautilus, Nami, Bard, Brand, Sona, Shen, Karma, Zyra, Zilean,
Tier 3 [Playable]:
Mid-Lane: Galio, Kog’maw (AP), Varus, Jayce, Pantheon, Kayle, Akali, Zyra, Karma, Nidalee (AP), Heimerdinger, Karthus, Gragas, Kennen, Ezreal (AP), Mordekaiser, Urgot, Zilean
Jungle: Volibear, Kayle, Nautilus, Sion, Maokai, Zac, Nunu, Aatrox, Trundle, Nasus, Tryndamere, Cho’Gath, Shen, Darius
AD Carry: Varus, Kog’Maw, Kennen, Quinn, Urgot
Top Lane: Fizz, Xin Zhao, Lee Sin, Nautilus, Rek’Sai, Kayle, Akali, Zed, Shyvana, Kassadin, Teemo, Swain, Yorick, Warwick, Quinn, Elise, Udyr, Kha’Zix, Karma, Poppy, Vi, Master Yi, Viktor, Zac, Mordekaiser, Heimerdinger, Talon, Azir, Urgot, Ryze
Support: Vel’Koz, Kennen, Taric, Trundle, Fiddlesticks, Nunu, Gragas
Tier 4 [Not Amused]:
Mid-Lane: Jarvan IV, Kha’Zix, Wukong, Malphite, Teemo, Riven, Tahm Kench, Tristana (AP), Elise, Fiddlesticks, Sona, Evelynn, Leona, Soraka, Janna
Jungle: Leona, Zed, Fiora, Riven, Poppy, Gangplank, Malzahar, Blitzcrank, Alistar
AD Carry: Twisted Fate
Top Lane: Vayne, Galio, Braum, Alistar, Nunu, Soraka
Support: Xerath, Teemo, Volibear, Lux, Kayle, Maokai, Anivia, Veigar, Gangplank, Malphite, Nidalee, Orianna, Poppy, Galio, Yorick, Elise, Lissandra, Ashe, Leblanc
Instructions and Caveats:
This tier list details which champions are most popular in today’s current meta game, for better or for worse. Selecting a high popularity champion and doing mediocre is always favorable to selecting a low tier champion and doing mediocre for team morale.
- Fiora [God Tier Top] – After nerfs to Darius, Fiora stands taller than ever top lane. While it’s relatively easy for her to hit enemy “weak points” via her hyper-mobile abilities, it’s difficult for enemy laners to reliably defend these weak points. This results in surprisingly high burst damage that’s extremely difficult to trade against and almost impossible to avoid.
- Fizz [Tier 1 Jungle] – A lot of people were wondering what kind of build Fizz jungle takes nowadays after the frequent changes on his kit. At the moment, most Fizz junglers run with the Runeglaive jungle mastery and build straight AP after that, usually first rushing a Zhonya’s Hourglass for survivability.
- Kassadin [Tier 1 Mid] – After an extremely strong showing by KOO Tigers giving SKT their only loss during the world champions, Kassadin’s definitely back on everyone’s radar. As a champion with an inherently toxic kit built on outplaying enemy opponents, Kassadin’s strengths and weaknesses are purely numbers based. However, as the asian teams are showing, it seems that he’s still very strong in the right hands.
- Kennen [Tier 2 Top] – Kennen’s recent claim to fame as an AD Carry in the hands of Rekkles seems to be translating over to his common meta role as well. We’re seeing an upward trend in play for him lately. With his powerful ultimate and decent laning phase against juggernauts, he’s still a great pick.
- Leblanc [God Tier Mid] – Another favorite professional pick around the world, players were quickly reminded how devastating an amazing Leblanc can potentially be in the right hands. As a long time favorite of players, many former Leblanc mains are now once again, Leblanc mains.
- Pantheon [Tier 2 Jungle] – After nerfs to devourer junglers, many players are trending back towards heavy ganking type junglers instead. As an extremely powerful and simple to execute jungler, Pantheon works very well to fit this niche role. Although his late game takes on a glass cannon role, he still performs well as a primary initiator or as part of a CC chain.
- Riven [Tier 1 Top] – On the FOTM tier list, I’d love to put Riven up in God Tier as well. However, she’s not quite in the same league of fear as the common bans, and although she draws recognition, she’s largely considered “balanced”. This is of course, before players start complaining about her massive shield that scales based off of offensive stats.
- Ryze [Tier 2 Mid] – Faker might be one of the only players that can dominate on Ryze at the moment, but the fact that he does proves that it’s possible. This means that there’s a whole slew of young players ryzing to the challenge of becoming the next Faker.
- Tryndamere [Tier 2 Top] – Despite being a solo queue powerhouse, Tryndamere does still rely on either winning his lane or playing in a very non-confrontational way of split-pushing to create chaos on the field. However, the current powerhouses top lane prevent him from performing his role as well as he used to. This combined with the new double TP meta makes it more difficult to successfully execute the ideal Tryndamere gameplay.
- Twisted Fate [Tier 1 Mid] – Originally a solo queue staple, Twisted Fate has successfully transferred back over to the world stage after a brief stint of getting destroyed by assassins. The 9th most banned champion at the 2015 World Champions, TF is starting to climb back into the spotlight where the nerf hammers lie in wait…