The Tier List
Mid-Lane Gods: Yasuo, Veigar, Zed, Leblanc, Diana
Jungle Gods: Tahm Kench, Lee Sin, Kindred
Marksman Gods: Graves, Caitlyn, Vayne
Top Lane Gods: Fiora, Darius, Riven, Yasuo
Support Gods: Tahm Kench, Thresh, Soraka
Tier 1 [Expected Powerhouses]:
Mid-Lane: Ahri, Lux, Fizz, Twisted Fate, Kassadin, Annie, Viktor, Orianna, Brand, Ekko, Talon, Katarina, Azir, Malzahar, Anivia, Ryze
Jungle: Elise, Diana, Rengar, Vi, Amumu, Ekko, Master Yi, Rek’Sai, Xin Zhao, Jarvan IV, Gragas, Evelynn, Fizz, Shaco, Kha’Zix, Nocturne
Marksman: Lucian, Jinx, Tristana, Miss Fortune, Kog’Maw, Ezreal
Top Lane: Tryndamere, Garen, Renekton, Tahm Kench, Jax, Gangplank, Irelia, Malphite, Gnar, Vladimir, Shen, Ryze, Olaf, Dr. Mundo, Nasus, Rengar, Pantheon, Quinn
Support: Blitzcrank, Janna, Braum, Leona, Morgana, Alistar, Sona, Annie, Lulu
Tier 2 [Crowd Favorites]:
Mid-Lane: Ezreal, Gangplank, Lulu (AP), Syndra, Morgana, Quinn, Kayle, Lissandra, Akali, Vladimir, Cho’Gath, Xerath, Swain, Ziggs, Vel’Koz, Cassiopeia
Jungle: Shyvana, Udyr, Nidalee, Skarner, Zac, Wukong, Hecarim, Pantheon, Warwick, Malphite, Jax, Sejuani, Volibear, Rammus, Olaf
Marksman: Kalista, Corki, Sivir, Ashe, Draven, Twitch
Top Lane: Wukong, Hecarim, Jarvan IV, Cho’gath, Ekko, Kennen, Maokai, Rumble, Singed, Diana, Jayce, Sion, Lissandra, Cassiopeia, Nidalee, Volibear, Trundle, Lulu, Aatrox, Gragas,
Support: Nami, Brand, Nautilus, Bard, Shen, Karma, Lux, Taric
Tier 3 [Playable]:
Mid-Lane: Galio, Kog’maw (AP), Varus, Jayce, Pantheon, Zyra, Karma, Nidalee (AP), Heimerdinger, Karthus, Gragas, Kennen, Mordekaiser, Urgot, Zilean
Jungle: Dr. Mundo, Fiddlesticks, Kayle, Nautilus, Sion, Maokai, Nunu, Aatrox, Trundle, Nasus, Tryndamere, Cho’Gath, Shen, Darius
Marksman: Kindred, Mordekaiser, Varus, Kennen, Quinn, Urgot
Top Lane: Fizz, Xin Zhao, Lee Sin, Nautilus, Rek’Sai, Kayle, Akali, Zed, Shyvana, Kassadin, Teemo, Swain, Yorick, Warwick, Elise, Udyr, Kha’Zix, Karma, Poppy, Vi, Master Yi, Viktor, Zac, Mordekaiser, Heimerdinger, Talon, Azir, Urgot
Support: Zyra, Zilean, Vel’Koz, Kennen, Trundle, Fiddlesticks, Nunu, Gragas
Tier 4 [Not Amused]:
Mid-Lane: Jarvan IV, Kha’Zix, Wukong, Malphite, Teemo, Riven, Tahm Kench, Tristana (AP), Elise, Fiddlesticks, Sona, Evelynn, Leona, Soraka, Janna
Jungle: Leona, Zed, Fiora, Riven, Poppy, Gangplank, Malzahar, Blitzcrank, Alistar
Marksman: Twisted Fate
Top Lane: Vayne, Galio, Braum, Alistar, Nunu, Soraka
Support: Xerath, Teemo, Volibear, Kayle, Maokai, Anivia, Veigar, Gangplank, Malphite, Nidalee, Orianna, Poppy, Galio, Yorick, Elise, Lissandra, Ashe, Leblanc
Instructions and Caveats:
- This tier list details which champions are most popular in today’s current metagame, for better or for worse. Selecting a high popularity champion and doing mediocre is always favorable to selecting a low tier champion and doing mediocre for team morale.
- Caitlyn [God Tier Marksman] – After the latest rework, Caitlyn is a master of zone control and very satisfying to play. Although her kit does have a lot more small mechanical quirks, her playstyle feels very smooth in lane. Her late game has always been troublesome since she’s an early to mid game champion rather than a late game hypercarry. However, with games becoming shorter and shorter, that may not be much of a problem.
- Kassadin [Tier 1 Mid] – The latest mastery changes make it much easier for him to sustain through the laning phase. As a very cyclical champion, it seems like he’s back in action after some strong showings on the latest professional scene.
- Kindred [Tier 3 Marksman] – A short period after Kindred’s initial release, they’ve quickly settled down into a primary jungle role. Rarely seen as a pure marksman nowadays, Kindred is much stronger as a jungler. Especially after the recent change to Kindred’s passive, you’ll almost never see Kindred bot lane except during a gank now.
- Lee Sin [God Tier Jungle] – In a meta where early game champions reign supreme, it seems that many people are gravitating towards Lee Sin again.
- Lux [Tier 2 Support] – Somehow, Lux support has become an accepted “thing” in the current meta. As a very strong mid laner at the moment as a result of her utility, it’s no wonder that she’s making a comeback as a support.
- Mordekaiser [Tier 3 Marksman] – Since the latest patch chock full of marksman reworks, Mordekaiser as a Marksman is now relegated to the back of people’s minds. Without the generous buffs that critical hits and attack speed offer most marksman, the master of metal is the master of none.
- Quinn [Tier 2 Mid] – A great duelist from the beginning with surprisingly high burst damage, Quinn mid is definitely starting to rise in popularity. Her ultimate now allows her to roam quickly and efficiently, hallmarks of a great mid laner. Her main drawback is mostly the lack of strong AOE damage or hard CC, but otherwise she works well as something of a hybrid assassin with sustained range damage (something like Jayce).
- Riven [God Tier Top] – Despite the fact that her win rate’s sunk to an all time low, Riven’s popularity this patch is at an all time high. It’s possible there’s a correlation here, and it just so happens that a lot of people who aren’t good at Riven are playing her at this time.
- Ryze [Tier 1 Mid] – Similar to Kassadin, Ryze is still feeling the effects of Faker playing him at worlds, and continues rising in popularity.
- Soraka [God Tier Support] – Currently one of the most annoying champions at higher divisions, Soraka is able to play extremely passively and keep her partner marksman alive through everything. With the new masteries and marksmen being particularly overpowered this patch, Soraka is definitely very influential.
- Tryndamere [Tier 1 Top] – His perfect synergy with the Warlord’s Bloodlust keystone mastery earned him a massive boost in popularity. Until the mastery gets hotfixed, you’ll be sure to see more and more of him until then.
- Yasuo [God Tier Mid] – Similar to Tryndamere, Yasuo’s an absolute monster right now pre-Warlord’s nerf. The new Statikk Shiv is also insanely good on him, which is a huge bonus to his overall strength.