The Tier List
Mid-Lane Gods: Zed, Leblanc, Ahri, Yasuo, Azir
Jungle Gods: Master Yi, Lee Sin, Graves, Kindred
Marksman Gods: Lucian, Jhin, Ezreal
Top Lane Gods: Ekko, Malphite, Irelia, Nautilus
Support Gods: Soraka, Alistar, Thresh
Tier 1 [Expected Powerhouses]:
Mid-Lane: Lux, Fizz, Twisted Fate, Orianna, Lissandra, Annie, Katarina, Malzahar, Aurelion Sol, Diana, Corki, Anivia, Karma, Morgana, Viktor, Lulu, Ekko,
Jungle: Gragas, Kha’Zix, Nidalee, Poppy, Udyr, Shyvana, Jax, Rammus, Elise, Amumu, Aurelion Sol, Xin Zhao, Rengar, Vi
Marksman: Vayne, Caitlyn, Sivir, Graves, Kog’Maw, Jinx, Corki
Top Lane: Darius, Graves, Poppy, Yasuo, Trundle, Maokai, Jax, Nasus, Riven, Gangplank, Rammus, Renekton, Garen, Shen, Tahm Kench, Dr. Mundo, Gnar, Fiora
Support: Braum, Blitzcrank, Janna, Tahm Kench, Morgana, Leona, Nautilus, Bard
Tier 2 [Crowd Favorites]:
Mid-Lane: Kassadin, Vel’Koz, Talon, Gangplank, Brand, Syndra, Xerath, Kayle, Ryze, Varus, Veigar, Ziggs, Cho’Gath, Zilean, Jhin, Akali, Quinn, Jayce
Jungle: Ekko, Shaco, Volibear, Zac, Sejuani, Jarvan IV, Fizz, Diana, Nocturne, Dr. Mundo, Trundle, Hecarim, Evelynn, Rek’Sai, Wukong, Warwick,
Marksman: Quinn, Tristana, Kalista, Draven, Ashe, Miss Fortune
Top Lane: Pantheon, Quinn, Tryndamere, Sion, Cho’gath, Illaoi, Kayle, Vladimir, Wukong, Volibear, Jarvan IV, Teemo, Aurelion Sol, Akali, Jayce, Lissandra, Olaf, Rengar, Lulu, Ryze, Kennen,
Support: Trundle, Nami, Karma, Lulu, Sona, Zyra, Poppy, Annie, Brand,
Tier 3 [Playable]:
Mid-Lane: Cassiopeia, Swain, Vladimir, Kennen, Heimerdinger, Karthus, Galio, Ezreal, Kog’maw (AP), Pantheon, Zyra, Nidalee (AP), Gragas, Mordekaiser, Urgot,
Jungle: Quinn, Pantheon, Maokai, Cho’Gath, Malphite, Fiddlesticks, Rumble, Skarner, Tryndamere, Olaf, Tahm Kench, Kayle, Nautilus, Sion, Nunu, Aatrox, Nasus, Shen, Darius
Marksman: Twitch, Varus, Urgot, Kindred, Mordekaiser, Kennen
Top Lane: Singed, Aatrox, Hecarim, Rumble, Heimerdinger, Zac, Swain, Yorick, Diana, Cassiopeia, Nidalee, Gragas, Fizz, Xin Zhao, Lee Sin, Rek’Sai, Zed, Shyvana, Kassadin, Warwick, Udyr, Kha’Zix, Karma, Vi, Master Yi, Viktor, Mordekaiser, Talon, Azir, Urgot
Support: Zilean, Taric, Vel’Koz, Shen, Lux, Kennen, Fiddlesticks, Nunu, Gragas
Tier 4 [Not Amused]:
Mid-Lane: Jarvan IV, Kha’Zix, Wukong, Malphite, Teemo, Riven, Tahm Kench, Tristana (AP), Elise, Fiddlesticks, Sona, Evelynn, Leona, Soraka, Janna
Jungle: Leona, Zed, Fiora, Riven, Gangplank, Malzahar, Blitzcrank, Alistar
Marksman: Twisted Fate
Top Lane: Vayne, Elise, Galio, Braum, Alistar, Nunu, Soraka
Support: Galio, Xerath, Teemo, Volibear, Kayle, Maokai, Anivia, Veigar, Gangplank, Malphite, Nidalee, Orianna, Yorick, Elise, Lissandra, Ashe, Leblanc
Instructions and Caveats:
- This tier list details which champions are most popular in today’s current metagame, for better or for worse. Selecting a high popularity champion and doing mediocre is always favorable to selecting a low tier champion and doing mediocre for team morale.
- Azir [God Tier Mid] – Despite being a difficult to master champion, a high skilled Azir can easily make the difference between winning and losing a game. Full of advanced skill mechanics, a good Azir can not only smash an entire enemy team out of position, but can potentially even pin them against a wall, unable to escape without a true blink. His poke and burst damage also scale very well, and as a tanky mage with Rylai’s, the emperor becomes difficult to take down as well.
- Braum [Tier 1 Support] – A champion that requires very little in the way of items to be effective, Braum’s passive and shield proc as extremely high potential spells that can change the sway of a fight very quickly. His level one cheese is also potentially the highest in the game, and has earned him a special spot in the hearts of many.
- Caitlyn [Tier 1 Marksman] – Caitlyn is arguably the safest marksman to play in the lane, most notably as a result of the zone control she has with her traps, combined with her absurd range. As a result, she is not only one of the first marksman most players pick up, but a favorite as well.
- Ekko [God Tier Top] – A champion that hasn’t been seen ever since the last patch, Ekko top is certain aFOTM pick that won’t die easily. Simple to pick up as a tank, Ekko provides a ton of burst and damage mitigation that starts seeming unfair, especially when he negates a massive chunk of it only to start pummeling you over again.
- Graves [God Tier Jungle] – Although Graves has better statistics in the top lane, Graves jungle is still quite popular, especially with his fast and healthy clears. His synergy with Death’s Dance in all lanes is insanely good, and you can’t really go wrong with him in any position.
- Irelia [God Tier Top] – Ever since the latest buffs to Irelia, she’s been extremely popular at a large variety of divisions (although not all). In combination with her classic Trinity Force build, Guinsoo’s Rageblade offers extremely powerful synergies.
- Karma [Tier 1 Mid] – After a strong showing on the professional scene, more players are picking up Karma mid in order to show off their kite and poke abilities. Good management of her ultimate also allows her to have extremely high amounts of utility in teamfights.
- Kindred [God Tier Jungle] – Originally being perceived as a nerfed champion, the changes to Kindred’s ultimate actually made this champion considerably more reliable, allowing her much higher outplay potential.
- Soraka [God Tier Support] – A borderline must-ban at this point, Soraka simply heals far too much for herself and her teammates to be considered fun. Staying completely out of sight makes it near impossible to take her or her teammates out, which is why the majority of people prefer to ban her.