The Tier List Patch 6.5 Update
God Tier [Highest Influence]:
Mid-Lane Gods: Lux, Ahri, Zed
Jungle Gods: Shyvana, Udyr, Master Yi, Xin Zhao
Marksman Gods: Sivir, Graves, Twitch, Corki
Top Lane Gods: Nautilus, Malphite, Quinn, Sion, Pantheon
Support Gods: Janna, Blitzcrank
Tier 1 [Strong/Preferred Choices]:
Mid-Lane: Malzahar, Anivia, Twisted Fate, Morgana, Kayle, Annie, Vel’Koz, Corki, Diana, Zyra, Brand, Fizz, Talon
Jungle: Amumu, Volibear, Diana, Fiddlesticks, Sejuani, Ekko, Skarner, Wukong, Warwick, Quinn, Zac, Rammus, Gragas, Nidalee, Shaco, Elise, Jax, Graves, Nocturne, Trundle
Marksman: Jhin, Kalista, Ashe, Ezreal, Quinn, Jinx, Miss Fortune, Lucian
Top Lane: Kayle, Wukong, Trundle, Rammus, Shen, Nasus, Fiora, Graves, Dr. Mundo, Renekton, Garen,Jarvan IV, Darius, Poppy, Swain, Volibear, Zac, Akali
Support: Soraka, Sona, Nami, Alistar, Nautilus, Taric, Leona, Trundle, Brand, Braum
Tier 2 [Viable/Balanced Choices]:
Mid-Lane: Azir, Zilean, Cho’Gath, Quinn, Lulu, Yasuo, Wukong, Galio, Katarina, Gangplank, Karthus, Ziggs, Vladimir, Xerath, Heimerdinger, Lissandra, Viktor, Kennen, Leblanc, Kassadin, Swain, Karma, Jayce, Pantheon, Syndra, Orianna, Cassiopeia
Jungle: Poppy, Vi, Dr. Mundo, Nunu, Hecarim, Kindred, Rek’Sai, Rumble, Lee Sin, Maokai, Kayle, Malphite, Sion, Fizz, Aatrox, Nautilus, Jarvan IV, Tahm Kench, Tryndamere, Pantheon, Evelynn, Kha’Zix, Cho’Gath, Irelia
Marksman: Vayne, Tristana, Draven, Caitlyn, Kindred, Varus, Kog’Maw
Top Lane: Cho’gath, Gangplank, Tryndamere, Irelia, Yasuo, Teemo, Riven, Kennen, Gnar, Singed, Illaoi, Lissandra, Ryze, Jax, Vladimir, Ekko, Tahm Kench, Diana, Hecarim, Aatrox, Olaf, Lulu, Rek’Sai, Xin Zhao, Morgana, Maokai, Heimerdinger, Karma, Malzahar, Jayce, Rengar, Nidalee, Galio, Fizz, Warwick, Udyr, Lee Sin, Viktor, Vi
Support: Thresh, Poppy, Vel’Koz, Zilean, Lulu, Morgana, Zyra, Lux, Shen, Bard, Annie, Sion, Karma
Tier 3 [Needs Higher Skill/Knowledge Than Usual]:
Mid-Lane: Ezreal (AP), Veigar, Ekko, Nidalee, Akali, Kog’Maw (AP), Varus, Teemo, Ryze, Master Yi, Gragas, Jarvan IV, Ezreal (AD), Urgot, Sona, Jhin, Mordekaiser, Tahm Kench, Riven, Fiddlesticks, Kha’Zix, Malphite,Evelynn, Leona, Elise, Tristana (AP)
Jungle: Rengar, Olaf, Nasus, Gangplank, Fiora, Zed, Malzahar, Karthus, Leona, Riven, Darius, Shen, Yorick, Garen, Alistar
Marksman: Kennen, Mordekaiser, Urgot, Twisted Fate, Thresh
Top Lane: Rumble, Zed, Cassiopeia, Gragas, Yorick, Mordekaiser, Master Yi, Kha’Zix, Talon, Karthus, Shyvana, Urgot, Kassadin, Azir, Alistar, Leblanc, Vayne, Nunu, Elise, Braum, Taric
Support: Tahm Kench, Volibear, Malphite, Shaco, Veigar, Xerath, Gragas, Maokai, Kayle, Kennen, Fiddlesticks, Nunu, Nidalee, Pantheon, Ashe, Anivia, Elise, Teemo, Lee Sin, Gangplank
Tier 4 [Low Benefits for Effort Used]:
Mid-Lane: Soraka, Janna
Top Lane: Soraka
Support: Orianna, Galio, Syndra, Yorick, Lissandra, Leblanc
Instructions and Caveats:
- Champions in BOLD I will talk about shortly
- Champions UNDERLINED may be over/undervalued, but aren’t/haven’t played enough for me to make a better judgement.
- Within each tier the champions are strongest from left to right, but within a tier each champion’s strength isrelatively close. This is especially true for Tiers 2 and 3 where these champions are ALL highly playable and player dependent on how strong they are in-game.
- This tier list takes data from ALL players; however, since the majority of players fall in the first three tiers, the majority of data points will come from there.
- Win Rates are important in analyzing each champion’s strength, but are not the end-all criteria for any champion’s position.
- The creator of this list is diamond, so there may be some personal bias towards higher tier play on certain champions.
- Azir [Tier 2 Mid] – The latest bug fixes for Azir seem to have made him considerably more consistent late game. Apparently there’s also a beneficial bug that’s on him at the moment, so we’ll have to wait and see how much that affects him after the fix.
- Jarvan IV [Tier 1 Top] – After the latest buffs to Jarvan, he still seems to perform better as a top laner than a jungler. Ever since they nerfed his base damage stats long ago, Jarvan has slowly transitioned from a champion with tons of free stats to a champion that snowballs very hard with enough items at his disposal. As a result, farming in the top lane generally yields a stronger J4. Additionally, since Jarvan doesn’t utilize Runic Echoes or the Devourer enchantment (both of which are very strong right now), it takes away from having an overpowered jungler. He could also build Cinderhulk, but it does not really suit his playstyle of hard engaging with burst damage.
- Jhin [Tier 1 Marksman] – Jhin still gets a lot of flak for doing no damage, but he actually comes in third on average, right behind other poke champions like Ezreal and Corki. This being said, his burst damage is also surprisingly high from a decent range. I don’t think he’s quite up to being God Tier level yet, but a well played Jhin is definitely a force to be reckoned with.
- Kog’Maw [Tier 2 Marksman] – After taking away his attack speed gain on his W and moving his passive gain up a bit, Riot originally believed this would be sufficient to leave him in a balanced state as a result of the way multiplicative attack speed works. However, it’s become painfully obvious that this change was not even close to enough, and has manifested itself with Kog’Maw’s new 44% win rate.
- Nautilus [Tier 1 Support] – After nerfs intended to target Nautilus’ overwhelming early game in the top lane, it appears the changes really only impacted his support power. As a top laner, Nautilus still has more than enough to clear waves. However, as a support with mediocre items, his trading power diminished greatly.
- Nidalee [Tier 1 Jungle] – Nidalee’s ability to snowball, outplay, and carry is undeniably high. If mastered, Nidalee is certainly one of the strongest champions in the game. However, that being said, her ability to carry largely depends on her ability to survive, even when the entire enemy team is focusing her. As a relatively squishy champion, this proves difficult at times. She also provides no CC, so she has to rely on her teammates and wit to live and carry on.
- Rammus [Tier 1 Top] – After patch after patch of consistently high win rates, it would seem that Rammus deserves being placed in God Tier. As a champion that mainly lives in the jungle, simply picking him early doesn’t ensure that the enemy team will pick a ranged AP top, and he’s an absolute monster against AD-based champions. However, the fact remains that he does have some extremely hard counters, and still needs to be picked with care.
- Shyvana [God Tier Jungle] – As we said last patch, Shyvana is clearly the new Udyr, but with more damage and no mana cost on her spells. Her sated output is absolutely absurd, and the speed at which she gets there via any jungle path makes her almost impossible to deal with.
- Sion [God Tier Top] – Top lane is now the land of safe, fast wave-clearing tank champions. When it comes to this criteria, few do it better than Sion. His engagement power is also on par with many other popular champions like Malphite and Nautilus, and thus he can easily be a substitute for the role they usually fill.
- Twitch [God Tier Marksman] – Twitch does an insane amount of burst damage for a non-poke champion, and comes in just behind them on the overall damage per game scale. His assassination power is through the roof, and as long as he lands his slow on an opposing marksman, he can quickly burst them down. There’s nothing particular about this patch that makes him stronger, but Youmuu’s Ghostblade buffs from long ago combined with many marksman nerfs have led to this inevitable cycling of marksman.
- Yorick [Tier 3 Top] – Unfortunately for Yorick, most of the new marksmen are not longer simple auto-attack reliant champions, and thus using his ultimate early is not a good option. Additionally, top laners are now expected to either deal heavy damage or provide strong CC upon initiation. Unfortunately, Yorick is neither of these things and the age of his champion design is showing.