The Tier List
God Tier [Highest Influence]:
Mid-Lane Gods: Ahri, Twisted Fate, Fizz
Jungle Gods: Master Yi, Ekko, Kindred, Graves, Shyvana
Marksman Gods: Jhin, Sivir, Graves, Twitch
Top Lane Gods: Ekko, Malphite, Graves, Sion
Support Gods: Janna, Blitzcrank, Soraka
Tier 1 [Strong/Preferred Choices]:
Mid-Lane: Malzahar, Annie, Anivia, Morgana, Kayle, Zed, Vel’Koz, Zyra, Brand, Talon, Karma, Yasuo,Zilean, Aurelion Sol, Katarina
Jungle: Amumu, Volibear, Warwick, Xin Zhao, Vi, Sejuani, Skarner, Nidalee, Jax, Shaco, Kha’Zix, Nocturne, Hecarim, Trundle, Rammus, Gragas, Udyr
Marksman: Kog’Maw, Lucian, Ashe, Ezreal, Quinn, Jinx, Kalista, Miss Fortune
Top Lane: Kayle, Nautilus, Darius, Wukong, Quinn, Trundle, Rammus, Shen, Nasus, Pantheon, Dr. Mundo, Maokai, Garen, Volibear, Irelia, Zac, Tryndamere
Support: Nami, Sona, Nautilus, Taric, Leona, Trundle, Brand, Braum, Alistar
Tier 2 [Viable/Balanced Choices]:
Mid-Lane: Diana, Lux, Cho’Gath, Quinn, Lulu, Corki, Wukong, Galio, Azir, Gangplank, Jayce, Karthus, Ziggs, Vladimir, Xerath, Heimerdinger, Lissandra, Viktor, Kennen, Leblanc, Kassadin, Swain, Pantheon, Syndra, Orianna, Cassiopeia
Jungle: Elise, Poppy, Wukong, Fiddlesticks, Quinn, Zac, Diana, Dr. Mundo, Rumble, Nunu, Rek’Sai, Lee Sin, Maokai, Kayle, Malphite, Sion, Fizz, Aatrox, Nautilus, Irelia, Jarvan IV, Tahm Kench, Aurelion Sol, Pantheon,Evelynn, Tryndamere, Rengar, Cho’Gath
Marksman: Vayne, Corki, Tristana, Draven, Caitlyn, Kindred, Varus, Urgot
Top Lane: Renekton, Cho’gath, Gangplank, Yasuo, Jarvan IV, Fiora, Akali, Poppy, Swain, Teemo, Riven, Kennen, Gnar, Singed, Illaoi, Lissandra, Ryze, Jax, Vladimir, Tahm Kench, Diana, Hecarim, Aatrox, Olaf, Lulu,Rek’Sai, Xin Zhao, Morgana, Heimerdinger, Karma, Malzahar, Jayce, Rengar, Nidalee, Galio, Fizz, Aurelion Sol, Warwick, Udyr, Urgot, Lee Sin, Viktor, Vi
Support: Thresh, Poppy, Zilean, Vel’Koz, Lulu, Morgana, Zyra, Lux, Shen, Bard, Annie, Sion, Karma
Tier 3 [Needs Higher Skill/Knowledge Than Usual]:
Mid-Lane: Ezreal (AP), Veigar, Ekko, Nidalee, Akali, Kog’Maw (AP), Varus, Teemo, Ryze, Master Yi, Gragas, Jarvan IV, Ezreal (AD), Urgot, Sona, Jhin, Mordekaiser, Tahm Kench, Riven, Fiddlesticks, Kha’Zix, Malphite,Evelynn, Leona, Elise, Tristana (AP)
Jungle: Olaf, Nasus, Gangplank, Fiora, Zed, Malzahar, Karthus, Leona, Riven, Darius, Shen, Yorick, Garen, Alistar
Marksman: Kennen, Mordekaiser, Twisted Fate, Thresh
Top Lane: Rumble, Zed, Cassiopeia, Gragas, Yorick, Mordekaiser, Master Yi, Kha’Zix, Talon, Karthus, Shyvana, Kassadin, Azir, Alistar, Leblanc, Vayne, Nunu, Elise, Braum, Taric
Support: Tahm Kench, Volibear, Malphite, Shaco, Veigar, Xerath, Gragas, Maokai, Kayle, Kennen, Fiddlesticks, Nunu, Nidalee, Pantheon, Ashe, Anivia, Elise, Teemo, Lee Sin, Gangplank
Tier 4 [Low Benefits for Effort Used]:
Mid-Lane: Soraka, Janna
Top Lane: Soraka
Support: Orianna, Galio, Syndra, Yorick, Lissandra, Leblanc
Instructions and Caveats:
- Champions in BOLD I will talk about shortly
- Champions UNDERLINED may be over/undervalued, but aren’t/haven’t played enough for me to make a better judgement.
- Within each tier the champions are strongest from left to right, but within a tier each champion’s strength isrelatively close. This is especially true for Tiers 2 and 3 where these champions are ALL highly playable and player dependent on how strong they are in-game.
- This tier list takes data from ALL players; however, since the majority of players fall in the first three tiers, the majority of data points will come from there.
- Win Rates are important in analyzing each champion’s strength, but are not the end-all criteria for any champion’s position.
- The creator of this list is diamond, so there may be some personal bias towards higher tier play on certain champions.
- Aurelion Sol [Tier 1 Mid] – As a champion with relatively high skill cap and a very unusual kit compared to what we typically see, Aurelion Sol originally had fairly average showing. However, with a tankier build, he’s performed quite well, to the point where he was even nerfed slightly. In his current state, Aurelion does seem to be quite strong, and is a decent pick-up. He’ll take less time to learn than Azir, and has a slightly larger margin for error. However, he’s definitely not a first time domination type of champion.
- Corki [Tier 2 Marksman] – The minor nerf to his passive turned out to be quite a bit larger than expected and dropped Corki out of an overpowered status. However, he’s still very much playable.
- Graves [God Tier Jungle] – As a champion that excels at top lane, Graves jungle does very well too. Despite the nerf to Maw, Death’s Dance on Graves is still too good.
- Kindred [God Tier Jungle] – The latest changes to Kindred’s ultimate were originally seen as a nerf to their overall flexibility. However, similar to Maokai, the ability to center their ult on themselves actually ended up increasing their reliability and personal survivability.
- Pantheon [Tier 1 Top] – Nerfs to Maw of Malmortius hurt him slightly this patch, but overall he’s still an excellent lane bully, especially with the slew of nerfs on popular champions this patch.
- Shyvana [God Tier Jungle] – Now that Shyvana’s shown some age after her nerf in Patch 6.6, it’s clear that she’s no longer the bulldozing powerhouse that she used to be. However, to say she’s no longer strong would be false, as her damage and clearspeed are enough to control objectives with ease.
- Twisted Fate [God Tier Mid] – Twisted Fate is one of those champions that’s always been very strong in disorganized solo queue. However, he performs poorly when assassins and burst mages are strong. In his current state, TF works well as a long range waveclear champion while doing his signature near global ganks. With nerfs to Zed and Maw this patch, he’s stronger than ever before.
- Udyr [Tier 1 Jungle] – Similar to Shyvana, nerfs this patch definitely weigh in on his strength. However, he’s still viable and shouldn’t be overlooked.
- Zed [Tier 1 Mid] – This patch Zed received the double whammy on both his champion damage as well as his itemization. As a result, he’s considerably weaker than he was last patch, but can still snowball quickly in the hands of a strong Zed player. However, I don’t think he’s ban-worthy anymore.
- Zilean [Tier 1 Mid] – Zilean’s a very interesting pick at the moment. With the burst damage on assassins reduced patch after patch but still remaining very popular, Zilean is starting to be an extremely strong pick against them. Additionally, when massive lifesteal type ADCs like Death’s Dance Graves are given a second chance at life, teamfights quickly scale out of control.